I specialize in editing and writing for nonprofit, academic, and technology clients. My services range from simple copyediting or proofreading to substantive editing and writing to full-fledged project management, and I can customize my services to meet the needs of your project.
I have more than twenty years of experience editing: toolkits; software documentation; technical manuals; website and blog content; briefs; white papers; journal articles; textbooks; and commercially published books. See my CV (PDF) for more details.
Recent and current clients include:
- PATH (Seattle, WA)
- Carolina Population Center (UNC-Chapel Hill, NC)
- Design Corps (Raleigh, NC)
- IntraHealth International (Chapel Hill, NC)
- O’Reilly Media
- World Health Organization
Recent long-term projects include:
- substantive editing of Digital Health Solutions Toolkit
- substantive editing of Public Interest Design Guidebook
- crafting communications materials for Digital Square
- developing the website, web-based documentation, and social network participation of the nonprofit Open Source project iHRIS health worker information software
- editing and compiling the iHRIS project’s Implementation Toolkit.
I have completed certification in Professional Editing with the University of California, Berkeley, and I am a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
– Shannon Turlington