Here are my five favorite reads of the year, a nice mix of old classics and new discoveries. Please post your favorite reads of the year in the comments. (These are books read during the past year and enjoyed, but not necessarily published in 2015.)
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (my essay on a kinder, gentler apocalypse)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer
Note: I don’t include rereads in my top 5 list. If I did, I would have to add The Haunting of Hill House, We Have Always Lived in the Castle, and Frankenstein to this list.
Leave a Reply