Here is a selection of posts on this blog and my other blogs that have received a lot of attention or are personal favorites of mine:
- Why are stories so important?
- How to be a better reader
- How to have a conversation with a book
- A note to writers: Maybe you aren’t ready
- Self-publishing’s quality problem
- The slippery genre of slipstream
- A survey of classic science fiction, with notes about diversity in sci-fi
- Common themes in the works of Stephen King
- Are we the Eloi?
On my Noir Femme project blog (no longer being updated):
- Horror is a feeling, not a genre
- Gothic horror: We’re all mad here
- Patricia Highsmith, misanthrope
- But is she alive? Gillian Flynn and the “unlikable” female character
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle: An inside-out fairy tale
- The Haunting of Hill House: A love story?
- Frankenstein: Gods and monsters
On my Sci Femme project blog (no longer being updated):
- Imagining a world without men
- The world has always been a dystopia for women
- A kinder, gentler apocalypse
- Apocalypse vs. dystopia: Some definitions
- The bleak futures of Octavia Butler
- Frankenstein: The first science fiction novel
I am available for freelance writing, editing, and web content development. Want to know more about me?